Air Showers are self contained chambers installed at entrances to cleanrooms and other controlled environments. They minimize particulate matter entering or exiting the clean space. Personnel and materials entering or exiting the controlled environment are "scrubbed" by high velocity HEPA-filtered air jets with velocities of 20-22m/s (4000-4300fpm). Contaminated air is then drawn through the base within the unit, filtered and recirculated.
Esco is a leader in air showers for demanding applications in the micro-electronics, semiconductors, pharmaceutical, spraypainting, lab animal research and food markets. Esco filed its first Air Shower patent in the 1980’s and since then has installed thousands of units in diverse markets worldwide. The present Esco Air Shower is a third-generation product and features a field-programmable microprocessor control that offers the maximum application flexibility of any unit on the market.
Cleanroom Applications: The greatest source of particulate contamination in a cleanroom is the operator. Air showers are installed between change areas and the cleanroom. The air shower enhances cleanroom operating protocol by serving as a reminder to all operators that they are entering a controlled environment. Personnel therefore develop the habit of gowning up properly before entering the air shower.
Pharmaceutical and Lab Animal Research Applications: Air showers keep pharmaceutical production and lab animal breeding areas clean and also minimize egress of hazardous substances and allergens from the controlled environment.
PDF Dosyasını İndir
- High velocity shower jets in excess of 20 m/s ensure efficient scrubbing action to remove particulate matter.
- Operating modes can be programmed in the field.
- Microprocessor controller supervises all functions.
- Mini-pleated HEPA filtration achieves > 99.99% typical efficiency at 0.3 micron particles.
- A disposable pre-filter with 85% arrestance extends the life of the main filter.
- An emergency stop button is mounted on both sides of the shower.
- Indicator lights mounted on both sides of the air shower exterior regulate traffic flow in and out of the cleanroom.
- Permanently lubricated direct drive centrifugal blowers are used in conjunction with stainless steel air nozzles.