Air Showers are self contained chambers installed at entrances to cleanrooms and other controlled environments. They minimize particulate matter entering or exiting the clean space. Personnel and materials entering or exiting the controlled environment are "scrubbed" by high velocity HEPA-filtered air jets with velocities of 20-22m/s (4000-4300fpm). Contaminated air is then drawn through the base within the unit, filtered and recirculated.
Esco is a leader in air showers for demanding applications in the micro-electronics, semiconductors, pharmaceutical, spraypainting, lab animal research and food markets. Esco filed its first Air Shower patent in the 1980's and since then has installed thousands of units in diverse markets worldwide. The present Esco Air Shower is a third-generation product and features a field-programmable microprocessor control that offers the maximum application flexibility of any unit on the market.
Pharmaceutical and Lab Animal Research Applications: air showers keep pharmaceutical production and lab animal breeding areas clean and also minimize egress of hazardous substances and allergens from the controlled environment.
Air Shower Operating Sequences
Unlike conventional air showers which are delivered with a fixed operating sequence, the Esco Air Shower's operating sequence may be selected from three preprogrammed sequences:
One-Way: Personnel may enter the controlled environment but not exit through the air shower. At the idle state, the clean side door is locked while the grey side is unlocked. This mode of operation is useful for controlling traffic patterns into and out of the controlled environment.
Two-Way One-Way: Personnel may enter or exit the controlled environment through the air shower. When entering the controlled environment the shower is activated. When exiting the shower is disabled to reduce throughput time. The air shower program is able to detect if the person is entering or exiting the controlled environment via door sensors and a timesequenced control.
Two-Way: Personnel may enter or exit the controlled environment through the air shower. In both directions the air shower is activated. This mode of operation is useful in pharmaceutical and lab animal research applications to prevent the egress of hazardous substances and allergens from the controlled environment.
PDF Dosyasını İndir
- High velocity shower jets in excess of 20 m/s ensure efficient scrubbing action to remove particulate matter.
- Operating modes can be programmed in the field.
- The air shower is constructed of electro-galvanised steel sheets with an abrasion resistant oven-baked powder coated finish.
- Microprocessor controller supervises all functions.
- Mini-pleated HEPA filtration achieves > 99.99% typical efficiency at 0.3 micron particles.
- A disposable pre-filter with 85% arrestance extends the life of the main filter.
- An emergency stop button is mounted on both sides of the shower.
- Indicator lights mounted on both sides of the air shower exterior regulate traffic flow in and out of the cleanroom.
- Permanently lubricated direct drive centrifugal blowers are used in conjunction with stainless steel air nozzles.
- All electrical components are UL listed / recognised.