Controlling the ingress of particulate contamination into cleanrooms and other controlled environments is paramount in order to maintain the integrity of products and processess. Personnel traffic is the most important factor which must be controlled. Esco Pass Boxes and Transfer Hatches are a cost effective solution as they allow materials to be transferred into the controlled environment without actual personnel movement. They may also be used to protect the external environment from egress of contamination, for example, in biological safety laboratory applications.
- Built-in air shower significantly reduces surface contamination on materials entering or exiting the controlled environment. Materials entering or exiting the controlled environment are “scrubbed” by high velocity ULPA filtered air jets with velocities of 25 m/s (4921 fpm). Contaminated air is then drawn through the base within the unit, filtered and recirculated.
- An array of stainless steel nozzles direct high-velocity jets within the chamber.
- Air shower duration is adjustable. Standard factory pre-set is 12 seconds in both directions.
Air Shower Pass Box Construction
- Robust construction qualifies the air shower pass box for the most demanding controlled environment applications. The unit is fully assembled and ready to install and operate when shipped. All components are designed for maximum chemical resistance and enhanced durability for a long service life.
- Electrical interlock maintains cleanroom integrity by preventing both doors from being opened at the same time.
- The air shower is constructed of electrogalvanised steel sheets with an abrasion resistant oven-baked powder coated finish.
- The pass box base surface is constructed of perforated stainless steel, making the work zone easy to clean.
- Acrylic doors provide a clear view of the internal chamber.
Blower and Filtration Systems
PDF Dosyasını İndir
- Esco Air Shower Pass Boxes use German made ebm-papst® permanently lubricated, centrifugal motor/blowers with external rotor designs. Selected for energy efficiency, compact design, and flat profile, the completely integrated blower assembly optimizes motor cooling, with unified rotating parts and overall component balance for smooth, quiet, vibration-free operation. Weight is equally distributed to all bearings to extend bearing life.
- ULPA filter(s) provide 99.999% typical efficiency for particle sizes at 0.3 microns. Esco Air Shower filters meet the IEST-RP-CC001.3 recommended practice for HEPA performance (USA), and EN 1822 for H13 performance (EU).
- A disposable pre-filter with 85% arrestance extends the life of the main filter.