Automatic freezing point determination Reference measurement pursuant to ISO/DIS 5764 In terms of measuring technology, the appliance is in accordance with the well-known and widely used “CryoStar 1” single-sample device. In addition, the “CryoStarautomatic” is equipped with a circular magazine for 12 samples. Consequently, 12 samples can be simultaneously measured at the press of a button.
Some important features at a glance:
- Forward-looking and flexible: fixed-time measurement, plateau-search and maximum search features are available. All relevant parameters can be freely programmed. Of course, these are also recorded. This makes CryoStarautomatic adjustable to all national and international parameters (also future ones).
- Easy-to-use: Operation is menu-assisted in the language of your choice. At present the following languages are available: German, English, French, Greek, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Turkish and Hungarian.
- Efficient: A new cooling system (patent application submitted) provides swift operational readiness even at high ambient temperatures (up to ca. 32 °C).
- Fast: Up to 40 samples per hour can be measured, depending on the setting.
- Multifunctional: The CryoStar 1 has a parallel connection (for standard printers), and a serial interface to connect it to a PC. Accordingly, it is possible to display and store the freezing-point graph during the measuring process. A powerful zoom function completes the comprehensive design. The necessary software is included in the scope of delivery.
- User-friendly: The device is easy to use. The percentage of water admixture is immediately indicated and printed out. Calibration is carried out automatically. All settings and calibration values are permanently saved by a non-volatile memory.
Mains supply: 230V/115 V AC (50...60 Hz)
180 W, and 12 V DC
Measurement resolution: 0.0001 °C
Reproducibility: ± 0.002 °C
Measuring range: 0.000 °C to –1.500 °C
Sample volume: 2.0 ml to 2.5 ml
Recommended value: 2.2 ml
Sample throughput: up to 40 per hr.
typically 30 per hr.
Interfaces: 1 x parallel, 1x seriell (RS232)
Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 20 cm (W x H x D)
Measuring head: 24 cm (H)
Weight: 14.6 kg
CryoStar 1 (single sample appliance)
Reference method pursuant to ISO/DIS 5764
Technical data: see CryoStarautomatic
The device differs solely with respect to
the sample feed system of “CryoStarautomatic”.
CryoStarautomatic (multi-probe device)
Automatic cryoscope, fitted with an additional
circular magazine for 12 samples.
Please refer to the detailed description on page 65